Thursday, February 14, 2008

Evolutionary Art

I don’t think I’ve ever done an “art post” before and as long as I’m going to do it, I want it to be kind of different. Ilana Yahav's work is definitely unique (at least to me - never seen anything like it). With the depth of my artistic knowledge it's quite possible that this is a very common artform that I know nothing about. It’s a combination of painting and performance, done with sand instead of paint. I really like this particular one. The You Tube version is not as crisp as the one at the site, plus he she has many more there. I suggest leaving here and going there to enjoy his her work.

9 comments:

The Exterminator said...

You do know that Ilana is a woman, right? She's not the person whose face you see in the video (although she is the person at the other end of the hands).

Babs Gladhand said...

That was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

The artist's work, not Ex's comment.

John Evo said...

Ex, the funny thing is, I have been calling Ilana "her" since I first saw her work. Then when I saw this particular video I thought I had been wrong! Thanks for the correction. If someone will send me the html tag for "cross out" I'll edit my post.

Babs, I agree. REALLY beautiful...
(Not Ex's comment).

The Exterminator said...

Why don't you just go in and edit your post, and then kill my previous comment as well as this one?

I promise: The Internet police will not arrest you.

PhillyChief said...

I'll remember it all happened.


This was too cool. How nice after experiencing Ex's link on his blog with the crazy christian "artist" who circles "believe" in her bible like a mental patient.

I've never seen anything like this before. It had the look of watercolors. Looks like a lot of fun to do. Now I need a light table and some sand...

Anonymous said...

That was great. Thanks for sharing.

John Evo said...

@Philly - I'm glad YOU made this comment. I figured if anyone was going to find it "unsurprising" it would be you!

@ Chappy - you're welcome. Go check out her site. There are others you might like even better. This one just particularly appealed to me.

Unknown said...

That was incredibly beautiful. Thanks for sharing it, Evo.

Grumpy Lion said...

The Lion snarls 'Wow!' and is humbled.

But just for a moment...