Thursday, September 20, 2007

Bloggingheads - Reasoned Discussions

I want to give a short recommendation here. If you have not yet visited Bloggingheads.tv, you really need to give it a shot. It was launched about a year ago by Robert Wright and Mickey Kaus and it is aimed at an intelligent audience that would like in-depth conversations about various topics of current interest. I don't listen to all of the discussions (called "diavlogs" at bloggingheads) but the nice thing is that you can see what the main topic is, as well as various points they hit on. You can even go directly to the particular point in the conversation that you find interesting.


A lot of what the talk about is politics, but they have one diavlog each week devoted to science (Science Saturday). I try to never miss that one and I greatly enjoy the weekly conversations between Robert and Mickey. Then it just kind of anything that catches my interest.

I just saw a really interesting political discussion between Joshua Cohen and Glenn Loury. Take 4 minutes and watch a short clip from it that was both moving and insightful and I think it will give you a good idea about what you can expect from Bloggingheads.tv.

No comments: