Thursday, April 17, 2008

Obama - Logic tells us how dangerous he is

I have some real concerns here and I want to approach them with the rational thought process that I like to think I have. I figure I’m about no more intelligent than the average American – nor much less. Let’s get to the bottom of the issues that I care about when thinking about who I would like to lead our nation.

The Reverend Wright thing is very, very troubling. I have heard sound bites from, I assume, thousands of hours of preaching the old man must have done over the years. I admit that they seem to show the same 5 minutes or so worth of outrageous statements but, still, he did make them. Anyway, the point is, I don’t think I can feel comfortable with a President who was a part of a church in which these words were said. I think these words must reflect directly on Obama and how he feels about our unimpeachable nation. If the United States of America is not above criticism and occasional disrespect, what is?

The lack of a lapel flag pin is perhaps a key piece of logical evidence in the case I’m drawing up here. Why would he not wear one? Yes, of course I’ve seen many pictures of many Republican Congressmen and Senators who didn’t have a lapel pin flag on. But they aren’t running for President. Well, in fairness to Obama, McCain is one of those Senators but I think we can exclude him. He is a war hero. He was tortured for six years, cracked, and yet came back a whole man – as far as anyone knows. And along these lines there is a very disturbing picture of Obama without his hand over his heart. I hear that they were not saying the Pledge at that moment; that it was during the National Anthem. It’s still an indicator of something we all need to give a lot of thought to.

Obama has been seen in the company of a former member of the Weather Underground, William Ayers. Supposedly he and Ayers were on some sort of a committee to help poor people and once Ayers even donated $200 to Obama’s Senate campaign. What does this tell me about what Obama would do as President? I don’t even want to say, but I’m sure you can figure it out.

What will America be like, with a guy like this in office? His wife even seems to have a problem with our country and his middle name is Hussein.

If you use reason to examine all of these key issues you can only come to one conclusion – I’m not an average American. I must be a fucking genius and the country is full of fucking morons who, if they bothered to read this were probably nodding along and saying “Preach it, brother”!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Evo, you're really spending too much time alone.

Anonymous said...

The middle name clinched it for me. Nothing more need be said.

Spanish Inquisitor said...

I'm convinced. Preach it brother.

God, where is Nixon when you really need him?

John Evo said...

@ Grumpy - I think the problem is the opposite. Although I AM kind of alone in my head! But, sorry for actin' the fool. I just couldn't help myself today.

@ Chap - It took all the way down to Hussein? I thought I could reason you over to reality by the time I got you to the lapel pin.

@ SI - Didn't you think the Nixon years were as crazy as it could get? I thought that was a once in a lifetime political experience. It was a mere warm-up and people haven't gotten brighter - at ALL.

I know there is commonality to seeing "the good old days". No doubt every generation does it. I firmly believe it's a fixture of consciousness. Still, there is some empirical substance to the notion that people have actually (in the large group, not individuals) gotten less savvy.

I'm not necessarily saying less "intelligent" (though I'm not convinced you couldn't include THAT as well). I'm just saying that one can possess raw intellect without the fruits of wisdom that 'can' grow out of intelligence.

The Exterminator said...

Still, there is some empirical substance to the notion that people have actually (in the large group, not individuals) gotten less savvy.

No, I don't think that people have gotten less savvy. I do think, though, that -- because of (1) TV with its hundreds of ad-driven channels, (2) the ubiquity of the Internet, and (3) the evisceration of responsible print journalism -- the ignorant masses have taken on more of a leadership role in driving political discourse. Their trivial issues are brought into focus at the expense of substantive ones.

That's the unfortunate downside of democracy.

Lynet said...

Can't argue with logic ;-)

PhillyChief said...

Well what's surprising is the backlash condemning all that shit that was essentially all the last debate was about. Not surprising that people would be upset, but surprising that the media was upset. There are links over at MoveOn.org to The Guardian, The Washington Post and most importantly for the PA primary maybe is The Philadelphia Inquirer:
"We've revisited bitter. We've gone back to Bosnia. We've dragged Rev. Wright back up onto the podium. We've mis-spent this debate by allowing Charlie Gibson and George Stephanopoulos to ask questions that skirt what in my mind is what we need to know now."

Obama seems unwilling to want to talk about this shit, so unwilling that he obviously doesn't even prepare for questions on this shit.

What's been interesting to watch is the discussions on some news shows trying to make sense of comparing polls from individuals and delegates saying that this shit doesn't affect their vote at all vs. the debate being one of the highest ratings grabber yet. Quite the dilemma for the media, air what people admit is important or air sensationalist crap that is a proven ratings grabber. Hmmmm... Perhaps what's going on now is the most devious, sensationalizing ABC's sensationalist approach and getting ratings that way.

Ah the media, you can't live with them and you can't shoot them

Unknown said...

I don't know how true it is, and I'd suspect that it's stretching the truth, but Fox News (who else?) is claiming that Ayers hosted a dinner for Obama during his first run for the Senate.

That's a little closer of a tie, but I'm not sure it really matters.

Unknown said...

I should have checked before posting, but FactCheck.org has a good article about the Obama-Ayers connection and about other points Obama and Clinton made in the debate in Philadelphia.