Monday, November 19, 2007

When an "A" Just Isn't Good Enough


I think I know what his reason was. He comes into the Atheosphere and thinks, "what the hell should I call myself"? He's been going to all these blogs displaying a big, bright, red "A" and thinks, "Yeah! That's it! I'll call myself 'A'". At least that's the fantasy story I've concocted for how the owner of The Meme Pool came to style himself. For all I know, it could be the first initial of his first or last name. It might be that when he was a kid, everyone called him an "a-hole" and it stuck. Maybe he was always the brightest youngster in class and always got "A"s. Or it could be in honor of one of his heroes, Albert (on the left).

I started bugging him about it a week or so ago. I hate it. I can get no mental image on him (imaginary or not; who cares?) when he tags himself with "A". The other problem with it is that in responding to him, it invariably sounds awful and appears that I've made grammatical error - "If you give is a moments thought, A, you'll understand what I mean"!

He said he would do something like I did recently and set up a poll for a new designation. He even received a recommendation from me and another one from The Exterminator. He's now off for his Thanksgiving festivities, but he was kind enough to leave a poll on the upper left side of his blog. Won't you take a moment to go over there and vote? Please - no... PLEASE vote for anything other than "A"!

Afterwards, if you want to re-cast me as "Label Anal", we can discuss it.

11 comments:

The Exterminator said...

I'm with you on this, brother. That A. says nothin'. It has no personality to it at all. I really like the name The Meme Pool, though. And I like the blogger a lot, too. So I guess if he doesn't change his name by next week, you and I are just gonna have to collude on a nickname.

John Evo said...

As far as I'm concerned, we're already in collusion and "The Lifeguard" or just plain "Lifeguard" is IT...

Looks like it's winning the battle right now and the Lifeguard will take up his position at the Meme Pool upon his return - ready to act as savior to theists drowning in dogma.

The Exterminator said...

The Lifeguard will take up his position at the Meme Pool upon his return - ready to act as savior to theists drowning in dogma.

Very nice.

John Evo said...

You don't have to validate me twice a day...

Unless you really want to.

DaVinci said...

Flaming enema, Ha.

Unknown said...

I don't know. I'm going to have to go with "No Kool Aid". Now somehow I have to find machines with 12+ additional IP addresses. ;)

John Evo said...

Da Vinci -

That one was inspired by Philly Chief who used it in reference to things that Republicans would give the "OK" to as not being torture, ala water-boarding.

O'Girl -

Thanks! At least my offering got one vote. I switched after reading Exterminators. Seemed perfect for the owner of "The Meme Pool".

PhillyChief said...

Well if you're "label anal" I'm a graphics pusher and as The Lifeguard of The Meme Pool, I'm afraid an entire graphic makeover is in order. First off, The Lifeguard. :)~

Thanks for the nod, davinci. It's ok. I think a pool needs a lifeguard more than a flaming enema.

John Evo said...

Philly - LOL!!

But since he's the Lifeguard of the "meme pool" I am going to ask you to work your magic and cut & paste Richard Dawkins face on to Hasselhoff's body. :)

The Exterminator said...

Well, if he's gonna cut-and-paste anyway, I think I'm with SI on this one. Why not start with Carmen Electra's body?

PhillyChief said...

Well alrighty then, I guess I'll start taking suggestions for whose parts get Frankensteined together to best represent the Lifeguard. I still think you can't improve on the Hoff. He's so comically cool. I mean, as long as you use that version and not the drunk Hoff on the floor trying to eat a burger version. That was comically sad.