Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Pat Condell - "Pimping for Jesus"

I've posted Pat before and I'm quite sure I'll post his videos in the future. Just the other day, I was looking for an interesting video to put up here (a sure sign that I have nothing much to say). I went to Pat Condell's page and started watching a few of the dozens there. They were all good. In fact, something he said got me thinking about something and before you know it I actually had an original thought to share with you.

A tip of my sombrero to SeƱor Exterminator who directed my attention to this particular video. It's quite topical, dealing with the upcoming U.S. Presidential Primary race and some assorted issues that we tend to talk about nearly every day here in the Atheosphere. Pat is a comedian, but I find myself more astonished at the clarity of his thinking and usually end up angrier than anything else. It's funny in a sad sort of way, because it's so spot-on true.

8 comments:

The Exterminator said...

Why is it that whenever we talk to or about Brits, we use terms like "spot-on"?

John Evo said...

I almost said "because he's so bloody right".

Anonymous said...

Ex - Because they're sloppy eaters and usually have spots on their clothes?

Evo - That was a good picker-upper! Thanks.

PhillyChief said...

Brilliant as always. I love that guy.

I think Brits are sloppy eaters because of the missing teeth and/or the gaps between the teeth. Stuff shoots out here and there and oops, there's a spot on me shirt. Bloody 'ell. :)

Anonymous said...

Great video. You're right, it's simultaneously humorous and pathetic.

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged. Sucker! :)

John Evo said...

I'm notorious for ignoring tags, Slut. But I'll grant you I'm a bit of a sucker!

bjkeefe said...

I do like me some Pat Condell. Thanks for posting this vid.