Monday, August 13, 2007

Gore Vidal

If you have never heard American treasure Gore Vidal speak, here's your chance. If you have, I probably don't have to convince you to click on it.

He has come back to his native country and has a lot to say about the problems we face.

Some interesting points - we are in the "worst phase of our history" and "this is a dictatorship", Gore would like to see "cousin Al" run for president (I agree), concerning his writing he uses it to "contain anger", And the one book of his that he wishes everyone would read is "Creation".

2 comments:

The Exterminator said...

It's too bad that the interviewer lacked the skill, background, and cleverness to elicit Vidal at his best. Still ...

By the way, if you like Vidal, why don't you join the Nonbelieving Literati in reading Julian.

John Evo said...

The one thing I DID like about the interviewer was that he let Gore speak without endlessly interjecting himself. He only asked the next question when Vidal had clearly finished his point. I like that. When you have someone as interesting as this, just toss him softballs and let him go - he'll MAKE IT interesting! I'll check out your link. Nice job on your blog, if I haven't mentioned it before. It's become a regular stop for me.